Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Aviators



About: Aviators

Who am I?

Well, I’m an independent electronic musician. I pretty much make everything from dubstep to alternative, metal to orchestral. I specialize in vocal songs, which usually take elements from alternative rock and modern electronica. I prefer to cover and combine a wide range of genres instead of fitting into just one. Why settle for one when you can have them all?

I began my musical journey at the age of 4, when I began playing the violin. I played it for 8 years before quitting and moving on to other things. I figured that playing the violin would never get me anywhere in life, but I now realize that it had grown my skills in music theory, as well as teaching me to read music.

I picked up the guitar shortly after quitting violin, and instead of taking lessons I taught myself. Instead of going the typical route of learning chords and such, I just played around with solos and learned to play songs by ear.

In early 2011, I took my first step in music production; I began using a DAW. Garageband was my first one, and it taught me all the basics. I played around with everything I could and pumped out a couple absolutely horrible songs. After months of fiddling with Garageband, I chose to move to a more pro-level DAW. Fruity Loops was my first choice, and I quickly learned that I wasn’t ready for such a big switch. Having no idea what I was doing was a good thing, though… It allowed me to learn quickly by trial and error. I played around with it for a couple months, and I ended up working on what became my debut album, Reflections of a Dream.

And then… Ponies.

If you’ve never heard of bronies, let me explain them to you. They’re teenage/adult men and women who watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Simple as that. It may sound odd, but the fantastic production and clever writing of the show caught my eye from the start. In October of 2011, I became a brony. I was a bit ashamed of it at first, but I quickly grew out of that.

Right before the release of Reflections of a Dream in December, I asked The Living Tombstone if he would remix one of the tracks. To my surprise, he agreed. I had been listening to his music since I became a brony, so it was an honor for me to have him remix one of my tracks. After he finished the remix, it began a flood of his fans to my YouTube channel. This was the beginning of my “fan base”, and the fact that it was 99% bronies encouraged me to start making brony music myself.

And I did.

I made brony song after brony song. To this date I make several brony songs a month, along with an occasional non-pony song. I continue to work towards a professional career as a musician, with the hopes of one day being able to make a living making music like I do now.

I’m currently working on my third full-length album titled “From All Sides”, and later plan to continue making brony-themed works under the name “The Sharded”, a duo project with fellow brony artist Bronyfied.





 










































Aviators – Official Website
http://soundoftheaviators.com/
Aviators - Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/#aviatorscompositions
Aviators - Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aviators/347989058548383
Aviators - Tumblr
http://aviatorsmusic.tumblr.com/
Aviators - Twitter
https://twitter.com/Aviators84
Videos!
Aviators - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/SoundOfTheAviators
Buy Music!
Aviators – Bandcamp (Official Store)
http://music.soundoftheaviators.com/
Aviators - iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/aviators/id303326512

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Music of 2021

World United Music Promotions

Progressive Rock – (2015 to 2019)

Progressive Rock – (2020 to 2021)

Rhythm and Blues – (2000 to 2019)

Psychedelic, Alternative, New Wave, Dark Wave – (2000 to 2019)

Psychedelic, Alternative, New Wave, Dark Wave – (2020 to 2029)

Rock, Alternative - (2010 to 2019)

Rock, Alternative – (2020 to 2021)

Soft Rock, Lite Rock, Alternative – (2010 to 2019)

Soft Rock, Lite Rock, Alternative – (2020 to 2021)

Pop Rock – (2000 to 2019)

Pop Rock - (2020 to 2021)

Folk Rock, Acoustic – (2010 to 2019)

Folk Rock, Acoustic – (2020 to 2021)

Hard Rock, Heavy Metal – (2000 to 2019)

Punk Rock, High Energy Rock n Roll – (2000 to 2019)

Southern Rock, Alt Country – (2000 to 2019)

Classic, New Age Classic

New Age Alternative

Ambient, Electronic, Relaxation

Music for the Revolutionary Mind